Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Is there ever a wrong time for Chili?

Okay, okay, so it's not a soup, but if served in a 'soup bowl'....I say it qualifies. That, and because, like a soup...there is simmering involved in the preparation. Hey, my blog, my rules.

So anyway....Mmmm.. Is there ever a wrong time for chili? I'm thinking 'no' I'll tell you why. It's the kind of all weather, all season dish that can be modified to suit your own particular taste. I think those are two big reasons that make the dish such a popular one. That, and of course the delicious and satisfying taste. I see interesting versions of chili on menus in all kinds of different restaurants everywhere I go.


Like I mentioned, it's a dish you can experiment with to suit your taste without losing the flavor. For instance, I've tried meat chili, and then and as I began weaning myself off red meat, I found the substitution of turkey equally satisfying. And once I gave up meat altogether, I still didn't have to give Chili up. There are some really good Vegan Chili recipes to try. As for me? The next creation I plan try is the 'Black Bean Chili over Rice.' Don't worry, I shall be eating it out of a soup bowl.

Enjoy, soupers.

No comments:

Post a Comment